Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Miscommunication!

Last night I was FREEZING when I went to bed. I teased Chad that he needed to go get the hair dryer and thaw me out and he replied "your just getting wimpy in your old age." "Excuse me?" So I went to sleep, hoping that I wasn't getting sick. Both Chad and I FROZE the rest of the night and were too cold to get up and check the thermostat. This morning when we got up and checked, it was set on 60! Combine that with being in the basement - FREEZING! So later in the day I asked Kylee if she changed it (she is always cold and never changes it but I thought I would ask). She replied, "yes, you told me to last night." I then remembered that I had asked her to "turn the temperature down on the stove" or something like that referring to the ground beef I was browning while also running around the house doing laundry, ironing, checking email/mail, etc. When I returned to the kitchen a little later, Kylee had told me that she had turned the stove off since the meat was making a crackling sound. Mystery Solved - I now know why the house was freezing and the meat was burnt - she must have only heard "turn the temperature down".

No comments:

Post a Comment